Last Updated on October 26, 2021 by XDA Team
There are some people who would need to remove their MI account or would encounter some issues after flashing their device. This may be the solution that you are searching for. Fixing the problem does not have to be complicated. As long as you know what to do, it will not be too hard to follow.
Why Does This Issue Occur?
There are different reasons why this issue may occur. For some, it happens because they have done some modifications to their smartphones. The systems may not be as secure as they used to be. Viruses have managed to enter the phones and cause problems.
There are some things that you can check if this occurs:
- Check if the files are working properly especially after flashing.
- Check if the version of the file is compatible with the current version of your phone. If there are some incompatibilities, issues will definitely occur.
- You can also check if there is a virus.
How to Update Flash File Xiaomi Redmi S2?
One way to solve this is to update your flash file. Once again, check what version you currently have. Make sure that your flash file is higher than HW1 or V01. If your version is lower, now is your chance to update.
Some of the problems that will be fixed are the following:
- Auto Restart after the issue
- Baseband Unknown
- NV Data Corrupted
- Mobile Network Unavailable
- IMEI Null (Download Xiaomi QCN File All Models)
Advantages of Having the Right Firmware
You also need to have the right flash firmware to make sure that updating will be done without any issues. With the right firmware, you can accomplish the following:
- The pre-installed operating system can be improved.
- Firmware has already been tested and may be better for the user.
- All of the other issues that may have started from rooting the phone incorrectly can be solved.
There are some requirements needed before you can upgrade your firmware. These are the following:
- Stock ROM that will work for RedMi Note 9 Unknown Baseband
- Windows-powered computer
- The latest driver
Backing Up Your Important Data
It is important that you will backup your important data before you start fixing the issue. There is always a possibility that you will lose the data that you have on your phone. To back up the data, these are the steps that you have to do:
- Connect your device to your laptop with the use of your USB cable.
- Select Media Transfer Protocol instead of USB Charging.
- Copy all of the device information.
- Save the information on your laptop or any other backup device that you have.
Flash Your Smartphone
There are some steps that you can follow so that flashing your smartphone will be a success:
- Download the needed flash files on your computer.
- Extract the files on the laptop or the drive.
- Download the right USB drivers.
- Extract the needed flash files.
- Install MediaTek USB driver.
- Download the needed SP Flash tools.
- Run the SP Flash tool.
- Get the scatter files from the firmware holder.
- Connect your device to the computer with the use of your USB cable.
- Start flashing on your PC.
- Wait for the process to finish. It will usually take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- You will be notified if flashing is a success.
- Unplug your phone from the computer and you can test it out.
What to Expect When Issue Becomes Resolved
Let us say that you have already fixed the Baseband Unknown issue. What are the things that will change because of this?
- Your phone will automatically restart after the issue is fixed.
- Your phone will no longer flash the “Baseband Unknown” notification.
- IMEI Null
- The mobile network will start to become available.
- There will be no corrupted data anymore.
- Will the process for this particular model be effective for other phones?
There are some wherein the process will not change so much. If you are using a different type of Android phone though, there may be a different process that will be available. You can double-check when you go online to be sure that you are following the right process.
- What does it mean when the device says “Baseband Unknown?”
Not everyone will get to see this on their Android phones. This means that Android will not be able to read the radio driver of the device. This may also happen when there is a miscommunication between Android and the radio. There are also times when all the details that are needed for communication have been wiped off. This may stem from the wrong process followed while flashing the phone.
- Will the SIM card be affected because of the “Baseband Unknown” issue?
Yes, the SIM card will be affected. There is a possibility that the phone will not be able to receive messages while this issue is still ongoing.