Last Updated on October 15, 2021 by XDA Team
A lot of people were excited when they learned about the Redmi Note 7. This is one of the smartphones that people can purchase for an affordable price even if it is packed with a lot of features. The 6.3” display, the great cameras, and its chipset make this one of the phones that people would like to have.
The time may come when you want to root your phone but you do not know how to do that. There is just one thing to remember: the moment that you unlock the bootloader, this will wipe out all of the data that you have stored on your phone. Make sure that you have a backup especially if you are storing important information on your phone.
Some Requirements Before You Start to Root
You need to know first if you have all of the necessary items needed to root your phone. These are the items that you need:
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers – Take note that you need to have these drivers installed on your PC.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers
- MI Unlock Tool – There are different types that are available. Make sure to pick the official MI unlock tool.
- MI account
- Redmi Note 7 TWRP
There are some people who are having trouble with getting their phones recognized by their computers. Just in case this happens to you, these are the things that you should do:
- Disable driver signature enforcement
- Reinstall the Xiaomi drivers that were not recognized by the Windows computer
- Change USB charging mode to File Transfer MTP.
If you would do these steps correctly, the drivers will be installed automatically.
Unlocking Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Bootloader
These are the steps that you have to do:
- Go to Settings, About Phone, then look for MIUI. You need to tap this 7 times. This will enable Developer Mode.
- You need to look at Additional Settings and check Developer Options.
- Go to OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Connect your phone to your PC with the use of your USB.
- Launch an ADB terminal. You can do this when you hold shift + right-click the main ADB folder. A prompt will open. Choose “Open a command window here.”
- Check if the ADB recognizes the phone that you have connected to your computer. If not, then you need to change from USB Charging Mode to File Transfer Mode. This may do the trick.
- The moment that your phone becomes recognized, you just need to type this in: “fastboot oem device-info.” Details will appear right after.
- Get an unlock token from Xiaomi. This process may take some time. You may need to wait for a couple of days.
- Sign in to your Xiaomi account and apply to get a code.
- Go to Settings, then Additional Settings, Developer Options until you find MI Unlock Status.
- Choose “Add MI account to the device.” Place your MI account there.
- Download the MI Unlock Tool (Xiaomi Bootloader Unlock Tool All Version) on your computer.
- Turn off your phone. Put the phone into Fastboot Mode. To do this, you need to hold the volume down and the power button at the same time. Connect your phone to your PC while doing this.
- Launch the MI Unlock Tool.
- Unlock instructions will come up. Make sure to follow the process carefully to lessen the chances of making mistakes.
- Reboot your phone once you are done with the process.
Remember to re-enable the developer options and USB debugging just in case you would need them again in the future.
Rooting Your Phone Using Magisk
Now that you have followed the process mentioned above, it is time to root your phone with the use of Magisk. To do that, follow these steps:
- Download the latest version of Magisk.
- Once you have downloaded it, place it on your phone’s internal memory.
- Go to the main TWRP screen.
- Tap “Install.” Choose the Magisk Zip File.
- Swipe to flash it.
- Once you are done flashing your phone, you can reboot.
- You will find the Magisk app on your phone. Launch it. The app will be in charge of updating itself and making some changes to complete the whole process of rooting.
What is the main advantage of rooting?
Rooting will allow you to do some modifications to your phone. Your Redmi Note 7 may already be great but you want to improve it and make it more functional.
Will there be a disadvantage?
Rooting is known to cause some problems with your whole system. You can expect that it will become unstable if you were not able to root your phone properly.
Why is Magisk the main choice of people who would like to root this phone model?
This is a tool that is trusted by a lot of people not only because it is effective but also because there are features being offered that are not available on other phones.
Natwar Roy is the head of the XDAROM.COM writer team. He has been serving the smartphone industry for over 10 years now when smartphones were only at their initial stage. He has worked with several technical teams and currently serving XDAROM.COM with his experience, enthusiasm, and intuitive suggestions to offer you the best troubleshoots in the quickest possible time. Follow him on Pinterest And Twitter.