Do you have a Xiaomi smartphone? Have you been facing a problem using the camera? If you are having trouble with the “Can’t Connect Xiaomi Camera“, then this content is for you. There are different reasons for this problem. It may be hard but not impossible to solve the issue.
James bought a new Xiaomi mobile phone a few months back. Everything was working well unless suddenly the camera stopped working. It was showing an error saying the camera could not be connected. He gave the device to the official service center under warranty, but they could not fix it. Then, a friend of his helped him to fix the issue.
You can easily solve the problem yourself with a little guidance. Give it a few tries. Sometimes the reason is unknown which makes the fixing more complicated. But still, you can do it.
About the Brand – Xiaomi
Xiaomi is comparatively a new brand in the market that took over the budget-friendly consumer market. It is based in China. Considering the other renowned brands Xiaomi is also doing great in the market. They know their customer very well and prepare strategies according to that.
Xiaomi has a good reputation for its quality of smartphones. It is indeed a durable, reliable, and reasonable price range brand. That is why in the year 2014, it became China’s biggest company manufacturing mobile phones. By the year 2018, Xiaomi became the fourth largest company in the world.
The smartphones it produces always have the latest features and operating systems. Xiaomi manufactures a series of models considering the budget and technological needs of the customers. This is what makes the brand more trustworthy.
Why is Xiaomi unique?
Technology changes overnight as it is still going through the development stage. So, smartphone features are no different from them. Xiaomi knows this very well. So, in every product, there is a touch of new features maintaining the quality and low price.
The storage, battery life, RAM, display to the operating system – the brand gives you a little more than you expected. The Redmi series is popular among the customers. Every new model gives the best that you can have in that price range. This is what makes the brand unique from other renowned ones.
Reasons for the Camera Error
The Redmi series users face the camera error problem the most. From the customer’s response, it became clear that this is a common problem among the users. There could be several reasons for experiencing the “Can’t Connect Xiaomi Camera” problem. Some of them are-
- There can be issues with the motherboard. Repairing or changing it can solve the problem.
- If the camera2 API is locked.
- The connecting chip of the camera is loose (less possibility but can still happen).
- There could be a problem with the sensor.
- It may be a bug problem.
Solutions to the “Can’t Connect Xiaomi Camera” Problem
You already know there can be more than one reason for the camera app to be unable to connect. Depending on them we will provide different solutions. Try them if you are confused about the cause of the problem.
For the Sensor problem
- From your Xiaomi smartphone go to Settings -> About Phone-> All Specs.
- Then tap on the ‘Kernel Version’ five to six times. Doing this will turn on the engineering mode/ CIT.
- Find the “QC Test” from the menu. Next, choose the option “Master Back Camera”.
- Now the camera will be on using the camera app.
- The sensor should have an image for you.
- After this exit from the camera application with a tap. Then select ‘Fail’. Doing this will reset the sensor and its lens.
- You need to repeat the above four steps for other camera options as well.
- Lastly, exit the engineering mode to test the camera. It should be working now.
For the camera2 API lock problem
- To unlock it go to the settings menu. Tap on the “About Phone” option and find the MIUI version slot. You need to again tap on that five times. Doing this will unlock the developer options. This will fall under the ‘Additional Setting’ option on the device.
- Now from the developer option enable the USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- After that go to Developer Option-> MI Unlock Status-> Add Account and Device. This will solve the problem.
If it’s still unable to connect and shows a camera error cannot connect to the camera, then logout from your MI Account. Then log in again and repeat the last step. Now the camera should work.
For the loose camera chip connection
- From the rear panel remove the screws. Then on the right side of the camera, you will see the connecting chip. This should be on the right side of our device. Now press it for ensuring the connection.
- Also, you do that without unscrewing the rear panel. Then remove the back cover. You will see the battery and sim cards. Press the right side of the camera. This should also solve the problem.
However, remember that removing the back panel or cover will void the warranty from Xiaomi.
- Open the task manager. From there choose the close camera option.
- Then go to the “Settings” menu and tap the “Apps” option.
- After that select the “Manage Apps” and find the camera.
- From the camera, you will see clear cache and clear data options. Then tap on them to clear the cache and data.
- Now restart your device. The camera should work now and will not show the error.
Many users have faced the “Can’t Connect Xiaomi Camera” issue after purchasing the smartphones. Due to some internal or connectivity problem, this can occur. So, if your Android can’t connect to the camera, do not worry about it much. There is nothing to worry about.
We have tried to give you the best solution for the issue. From both, the manufacturer and the user’s opinion and experience were considered. When you experience such issues without getting worried follow our simple guideline. We are positive and confident that will solve your camera issue without hassle.