Last Updated on March 5, 2022 by XDA Team
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 was one of the very first launches of Samsung with exceptional features and great design. However, with time, this has become slow due to old android versions and has some android OS issues as well.
So if you’re looking to solve these OS-related issues, the best solution would be flashing the firmware. Besides this, you can also install a custom ROM with more features and a smooth OS to enhance your usability and performance.
So if you’re looking for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Custom ROM, you’re at the right place. This article will cover everything related to flashing a stock ROM and installing a custom one. Lastly, we’ll share the flash tools and a complete guideline to flash the ROM as well. So let’s begin…
What is Stock ROM?
The stock ROM is the ROM that comes with the handset pre-built. It’s an operating system that comes with a new android device.
Most manufacturers want to provide a smooth user experience to their users. That’s why stock ROMs come with few features but with higher usability.
Although stock ROMs have few features, their performance is top-notch. Stock ROMs contain little to no bugs or glitches. As a result, users get a better user experience.
What is Custom ROM?
One of the main reasons behind the higher number of android users is that android smartphones are customizable. Anyone can use the source codes and build a unique operating system. And this unique or new operating system is called Custom ROM.
As any developer can make custom ROMs, there are no limitations. Custom ROMs come with exceptional features and widgets. And if you’re one of those who like to experience different widgets and features, custom ROMs will be perfect for you.
One of the top-notch sides of custom ROMs is that you can upgrade or downgrade to an android version with this. So if your device doesn’t support new android updates, you can switch to custom ROMs and install those updates there!
Although custom ROMs have a few advantages and features, there’s a catch. Most of the custom ROMs contain bugs and glitches. Their user experience is poor. Due to this, people switch to stock ROMs after using them for a while.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 ROM
If you’re looking for a custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, you’re at the right place. As this is an old device with OS issues, switching to a custom ROM would be the perfect solution.
Flashing the stock ROM is easy. But you’ll need a few tools like the Odin flash tool and USB drivers.
The USB drivers are very crucial. Without the USB drivers, you cannot connect your Tab 3 with a PC. As a result, you won’t be able to flash the stock ROM. Moreover, the Odin flash tool helps to flash the existing ROM and install the new custom ROM.
You’ll find the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 ROM in the next part. We’ve tested this file, and it works correctly. On top of that, this ROM file is supported on Windows 7 and above it. So compatibility of this ROM file won’t be an issue!
How to Flash Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 ROM
This is a complete guideline about flashing your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 ROM. But before you head on to the flashing procedure, here are a few things to consider-
- Odin Samsung Flashing Tool is used in this flashing process. All data gets removed or erased while flashing a device through the Odin tool.
- Keep more than 60% charge in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 while performing the flashing procedure. Or else your Tab 3 will get bricked
- Lastly, install the USB driver beforehand to avoid any unnecessary disruption or flashing error
Now here’s how to flash Samsung Galaxy Tab 3-
- First of all, download proper and working USB drivers on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Install the drivers after that
- Now turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 device
- Press both the volume buttons at a time and use a USB cable to connect your Tab 3 with your PC
- After that, go to the Odin tool’s installed folder and open the Odin tool (run as administrator)
- After opening the Odin tool, press on AP
- At this point, you need to search or browse the already downloaded AP file and load it
- Lastly, tap on Start to start the flashing process
- Once the flashing is done, a successful message will pop up in the dialogue box
So that’s it on learning about Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Custom ROM and how to flash. If you’ve plans to use this old Samsung device for a while, flashing the stock Rom and installing a custom one will be the ideal option.
As this device isn’t receiving any android updates now, switching to custom ROMs will allow you to install new updates and get away from the existing OS issues.