Last Updated on March 23, 2023 by XDA Team
Samsung Knox Manage Security is a security feature that comes pre-installed on most Samsung devices. It is designed to protect your device from malware and other security threats.
But how to disable Samsung Knox Manage Security? Well,
we suggest you remove your Knox account from the official website. It will completely remove Knox stuff from your phone. There are other instant solutions too. But those methods won’t do anything with the Knox Manage on your phone, but disable the app only.
In this guide, we will provide you with an easy-to-follow solution on how to disable Samsung Knox Manage Security. We will go through the simplest way out of many. So, don’t forget to keep your eyes here.
Why Do You Need to Disable Samsung Knox Manage Security?
Most of the latest Samsung smartphones come with Samsung Knox. It is a security feature that was added after the launch of the 4.3 Jellybean version. Since this is a security feature, why do you need to remove this app?
Knox might have several restrictions even if its main purpose is security. Restricting root access and customizing the operating system may be some of these. Hence it would be beneficial to disable the Knox functionality to fix these problems.
Disable Samsung Knox Manage Security: Go through the Methods
We will discuss two methods. First will be the permanent deletion of the Knox Account. The other will be a temporary solution that will just disable the Knox but not entirely delete it.
Method 1: Permanent Deletion of Knox Account
This will permanently remove all the knox data from your phone. Here are the steps to remove the Knox security feature from your Samsung device using the Samsung Knox website:
- Step 1: First, go to the browser on your computer or smartphone
- Step 2: Now, go to the Samsung Knox website
- Step 3: Log in to your Knox account using your Samsung credentials
- Step 4: Once you are logged in, go to the Dashboard and select the Manage account option
- Step 5: Click on Privacy settings and then choose the option that allows deleting the account. It will be “Delete Samsung Knox Account”
- Step 6: A confirmation message will appear. Click on the positive button to proceed
- Step 7: You will be asked to log in again to your Samsung account, so enter your credentials and go through further steps
- Step 8: Now, you may need to re-enter your Samsung account password to confirm the deletion of your Knox account
- Step 9: After completing the authentication process, you will be automatically logged out from your Knox account and your account is permanently deleted.
This method doesn’t require any root or format. You will only need a computer or a phone to do this. It is easy and convenient and can give you the solution you are looking for.
Also Read: How To Unlock Samsung Bootloader
Method 2: Temporarily Disable the Knox App
Now, let’s have a look at the step-by-step instructions to disable the Knox security feature on your Galaxy device:
- Step 1: Open the System Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy device
- Step 2: Scroll down the list of options and tap on the “Apps” option
- Step 3: In the top right corner of the screen, you’ll find a menu button. Tap on it
- Step 4: Select the “Show System Apps” option from the drop-down menu
- Step 5: Use the search bar to find all Knox-related apps and services on your device
- Step 6: Once you locate the Knox-related apps and services, disable them one by one
- Step 7: Restart your Galaxy device after disabling all Knox-related apps and services
Using these steps, disabling the Knox security feature will disable all the Knox stuff and services on your device. Note that it does not completely remove the Knox Manage from your device. It only disables Knox-based features and apps. However, you will no longer receive any notifications related to Knox.
If you still have some further askings left, have your eyes here.
Q: Will uninstalling Samsung Knox security affect my device’s performance?
A: Uninstalling Samsung Knox security may affect your device’s performance. But it depends on your usage and the apps you have installed. Samsung Knox security is designed to protect your device from malware and other security threats.
So uninstalling it may make your device more vulnerable to such threats.
Q: What does it mean if you’re unable to uninstall Knox?
If you are unable to uninstall Samsung Knox security, it may be because it is deeply integrated into the hardware and OS of your device. In such cases, it is recommended to contact Samsung’s customer support team for assistance.
Q: Can I disable Knox security manager if my phone is rooted?
Yes, you can disable it. Although it requires a little bit of patience, you may do this by using some third-party tools. You may follow the guide from the Samsung service center provides on that matter.
Disabling Samsung Knox Manage Security is a specific process that can be done in just a few simple steps. You can easily disable this security feature on your Samsung device by following the steps outlined above.
However, keep in mind that disabling Samsung Knox Manage Security may make your device more vulnerable to security threats. Even in some cases, it affects your warranty. So it is wise to decide with caution.