Last Updated on December 25, 2021 by XDA Team
Firmware flashing or Stock ROM installation is intensely necessary when the Galaxy S6 faces grave problems even after a factory reset. Known as the system’s core, Firmware connects the device software and Android OS. It will change the current ROM version to the same or any other version. And the hard-bricked device will be unbricked.
Are you looking for a Firmware Flashing method to unbrick and improve your device performance? If yes, this Download Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 Firmware (Flash File) guide is for you. Please read till the end to know the full process.
What is the latest version of Android for Galaxy S6?
For Galaxy S6 SM-G920I, S6 Edge SM-G925I, and S6 Edge+ SM-G928I, Android 7.0 (Nougat) is the current version.
Download Samsung S6 Stock ROM, Custom ROM Flash file
- There are some common prerequisites for downloading Stock ROM and Custom ROM Flash files. Make sure to fulfill them before flashing either Firmware.
- Download the latest Samsung USB Driver on the computer.
- Download and extract the latest Odin V3 file on the computer.
- Disable the screen lock of the Galaxy S6 device.
- Switch the Developer mode on the Device and turn on the OEM Unlocking and USB debugging options. To do that, go to Settings, tap About Device, again tap Build number 7 times, and follow the previous line.
- Keep the phone charged enough, at least up to 80%.
- Back up the files stored in the Device to successfully restore them once a ROM is installed in the Device.
Download Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 Firmware
How to install a Stock ROM Flash file on Galaxy S6?
- Download a Stock ROM firmware compatible with the Galaxy S6 model number and region and extract it on the PC. The extracted file will remain as a tar.md5 file.
- After installing the Odin V3 and USB Driver, switch off the Device and simultaneously press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home button. A Warning sign will appear; press the Volume Up button to continue.
- Connect the device to the PC and open the Odin V3 to see the ID: COM option turned blue.
- Click on the AP/PDA option and navigate the extracted Firmware. Also, click on BL, CP, CSC options if the Firmware has multiple files.
- Keep the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options checked in the Options section and the Re-Partition option unchecked.
- Finally, click the Start button to begin the Flashing process. Keep the Device connected to the PC during Flashing. Once the process is completed, the Odin3 screen will show
a green PASS message. Disconnect the device, and it will restart automatically.
How to download a Custom ROM Flash file on Galaxy S6?
A Custom ROM removes excessive ads or bloatware and provides a clean and simple interface. It also reduces OEM problems and allows users to use their preferred OEM UI. Such amenities lead users to install a Custom ROM instead of a Stock ROM on their device.
Apart from the common requirements, there are other prerequisites for downloading a Custom ROM Flash file on Galaxy S6.
- Download the TWRP custom recovery TAR file on the computer.
- Download the Samsung Galaxy S6 Custom ROM on the handset. There are plenty of ROMs for Galaxy S6 available on the internet; make sure to download the best ROM for Galaxy S6 from a trusted source.
- Download the GApps package zip file on the Device’s internal storage
- matching the Android version of the downloaded Custom ROM.
- Make sure the downloaded files on the Device are easy to find during the process.
Here is the main process of the Custom ROM installation.
- First, install the TWRP Custom Recovery File on the Device. To do that, switch off the Device, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power button till the Android figure appears. Now press the Volume Up button to put the Device in Downloading mode.
- Next, open Odin V3 and connect the computer via a USB cable. The ID: COM button will turn to blue, indicating the recognition of the Device.
- Click AP/PDA, select the downloaded TWRP .tar file, and click Start. Once the TWRP file is successfully installed, the screen will show a green signal, and the device will reboot.
- Turn off the phone again, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power button to get into the TWRP menu.
- Create a Nandroid backup of the files by tapping the Backup option. Move the files, including ROM and GApps package, to the computer.
- Go back to the TWRP menu again, tap Wipe, select Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache Partitions, and Swipe to Factory Reset. After that, select Format Data to format the phone.
- Go to the TWRP menu, tap Mount, select Enable MTP, connect the device to the PC, and re-transfer all files.
- Again, in the main menu, tap Install, and browse to find the downloaded ROM. Swipe to install the ROM first and Gapps files next.
- After installing these two files, tap Reboot from the TWRP main screen, the Custom ROM installation process is finally complete.
From the SamMobiles firmware site, download a Stock Firmware file compatible with the Galaxy S6 model number. Extract the file on the PC and follow the Firmware Flashing process.
Once completed, the device will reboot automatically. If not, manually reboot it by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously.
Before updating the Firmware on Galaxy S6, backup the files to avoid potential data loss. Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network, head over to Settings, and scroll down to select Software update.
Download and install the new software, followed by the automatic restart of the Device after the successful installation. Tap Download updates manually; the Device will check for the latest update.
Type Samsung Firmware Finder on the browser and enter the model number as SM-G920F. Select the latest firmware version based on your region, download, and extract the file on the PC.
Download, extract and launch the latest Odin file too. Turn your S6 G920F into the Download mode and connect it to the computer.
Once the ID: COM option turns blue, add the downloaded firmware file, and click Start to start flashing.
Now that you have learned how to download Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 Firmware (Flash File), do it yourself instead of a technician.
Flashing is not something impossible to perform. It just requires a little time, patience, and awareness. Make sure you follow each step thoroughly to experience flawless Firmware Flashing.