Last Updated on November 8, 2021 by XDA Team
The time will come when you would like to upgrade your firmware even if you are not sure how you’re going to do that. Remember that there are always advantages that you will get when you upgrade your firmware. One of which is that you will not run into any issues while you are using it.
The Latest Xiaomi Router Version
For your reference, the latest Xiaomi version is as follows:
- Last updated version: 02 01 2020
- Available in all countries
- Download size is 134 MB
- Language pack will come in two versions: English and Chinese
- Version name is 5.1.11
Some Necessary Tools for Downloading
You cannot just download the firmware without having the right tools. You might risk running into some issues. Just imagine if you are in the middle of improving your firmware when you suddenly realize that you do not have the right USB cable. It can make you feel frustrated. Plus, the update will not be successful.
Once you are sure that you have everything ready for the download, you can proceed with knowing all the next possible steps.
Installing the Right Tools
Updating your firmware would need to go through a process. You cannot just do it whenever you want to. You have to be prepared for it and having the right tools will help.
- Install the Xiaomi PC Suite.
- Install all of the needed drivers. If you do not do this, you will not be able to connect your phone to your PC.
- The moment that you have downloaded the drivers on your PC, your computer should find the right file to download.
Downloading the Right Firmware is Important
- You need to know the version that you want to upgrade to. You do not want to make a mistake and upgrade something that is already fully upgraded, right?
- You may find the information when you check out your router.
- You should also check out the MUIU version.
- Select the same version of the firmware that you need to update or higher.
- Press the download full ROM button.
You will receive a warning when you do this. You will know that all of your data will be erased. All of the operations that you will do after you download your firmware will be at your own risk. It is best to save all of the data that you have on your phone before you begin. Otherwise, you will lose all of the data that you have saved.
Now that you know all of the risks involved, you should know how to update your firmware properly. These are the proper steps to do:
- Make sure that your device has a charge of more than 50%.
- Turn on your WiFi and connect it to your network.
- Connect your device to your computer by using an original USB cable. Remember to use an original cable because some USB cables will not work.
- Select the USB icon and choose Transfer files.
- All of the drivers will be installed.
- Go to the My Computer tab to check if all of the files have already been downloaded there.
- Go to Internal Storage.
- Copy the downloaded firmware.
Unlock Your Device
Now that you have updated the firmware, you can go and check your device. To do that, follow the following steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to About Phone.
- Look for System Updates.
- Take a look at the Show More Button. You can find this in the upper corner of the screen.
- Look for the option that says “Update Package.”
- Select the copied firmware and press the OK button.
- Wait for the update process to begin. It will happen within a few seconds.
- The device will start updating the ROM automatically too.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
The moment that you are told that the process is complete, you can check your gadget to see if it has worked.
1. Are there other methods available to upgrade the firmware of the device?
Answer: Yes, other methods are available but the method mentioned above is the safest. You do not want to risk too much or you may end up bricking your gadget. This means that you cannot use it anymore.
2. Will it be possible to change the language upon updating?
Answer: You can choose between English and Chinese whichever will be easier for you to understand.
3. What will happen if you make a mistake while updating?
Answer: There is a chance that your update will fail and you will not be able to use your router for a certain period.