Last Updated on June 29, 2019 by XDA Team
In October 2014, Google Nexus 6 smartphone came to the marketplace. It comes with the box that includes Android 5.0 lollipop and after some time it was upgraded to Android Nougat. Do you want to use the updated version of Android Oreo for your Nexus 6 device? If yes, then you are welcome because we will talk about the download and installation process of Android Oreo 8.0 for Nexus 6.
Before we start to discuss the guidance, you must need to know some important things about Android 8.0 Oreo. The ROM of this Android 8.0 Oreo is an unofficial version of it which is made from the scratch. Thanks to the developer because they are developing Android Oreo for Nexus 6. The ROM is still under development that’s why if you face any problem then you must inform it to the source. If you inform them about your problems then they can surely fix it.
[su_button url=”https://www.xda-developers.com/list-android-oreo-unofficial-ports/” background=”#4fc271″ color=”#ffffff” size=”4″ center=”yes” radius=”20″ icon=”icon: chevron-down” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #000000″]Google Nexus Custom Rom Download[/su_button]
What is Android 8.0:
Every year Google releases its new operating system for Android mobile and Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest version of it. The previous version was Android 7.0 Naugat. Android 8.0 Oreo comes with so many innovative features for the users such as powerful battery life, notification channels, picture-in-picture mode, great sound quality, better performance, Bluetooth 5, auto enable Wi-Fi, etc.
Guide to Installation Process of Nexus 6 Android 8.0 Oreo Version:
The good thing is, now you can enjoy the experience of the Android 8.0 Oreo version on Nexus 6. Before installing the RAM of this Android 8.0 Oreo version, make sure that you have unlocked the bootloader on your device and install the TWRP Recovery. here are some pre-requisite that you need to follow before installing this version.
- This is the version that only works for Nexus 6 that’s why don’t try to use it for any other devices.
- You must charge your phone properly because the installation process takes time.
- If you already installed this on your phone, then you can lose the original or Custom ROM that’s why create a backup on your phone so that you can keep your original or Custom ROM safely.
- It will be also helpful if you backup all apps by using the Titanium Backup.
- It is so important to install TWRP or any other Custom Recovery on your phone, so must do it.
- Download the Zip files and then keep this in your phone’s root.
Check Out: Best Google Nexus 6 Roms
Here the installation process of Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus 6:-
- At first, unlock the Bootloader on Nexus 6.
- Now, install TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Download the Android 8.0 Oreo version for Nexus 6 from Google.
- Now the time is to boot it into TWRP Recovery.
All the process has done and hopes you have successfully installed the Android 8.0 Oreo version on Nexus 6.
Popular Post: Volcano Box Setup File
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest version of Google which comes with some excellent and innovative features. It only works for the Nexus 6 device. We try to discuss the whole things about Android 8.0 Oreo and its installation process on Nexus 6. I hope, you guys have the full information about it.